In 2011, we have seen a lot of changes happening in the affiliate marketing world… Google Dance (affiliate sites disappearing from google search results), emergence of social media, adwords cracking down on affiliate ads, etc. With all these happening, it is natural for you to think it is the end of affiliate marketing.
However, affiliate marketing is still alive and kicking. And the future looks good.
Affiliates who have a list and offer good content will definitely still be in the game for years to come. This means that if you do not own a sizable list today, you run a risk of being wiped out because of all the changes out there.
To succeed in affiliate marketing, the following steps MUST be followed:
1. Build a list. Anyone who tell you you can succeed in affiliate marketing without building a list is not telling you the whole story. You MUST build a list ASAP as lots of affiliate sales happened in the backend.
To start off, choose a niche that you wish to enter. I would recommend you to choose a big and competitive niche. This is because when a niche is competitive, it means that there are money to be made. Yes, you might not have the capability to challenge the big boys now… but if you follow what I am going to share with you later, I am pretty sure you can capture a significant amount of eyeballs in a competitive niche and make money from it.
Next, design a squeeze page to capture names and email address. Don’t worry about what to promote to your list yet. Spend your time now to develop a quality free report related to your niche and offer it for free on your squeeze page. Visit forums and article directories to identify some burning questions people in your niche are craving to be answered. Understand their major concerns and try to find out the answers for each question. Compile them into a PDF report and offer it for free on your squeeze page.
2. Drive traffic to your squeeze page. Today, article marketing remains one of the best free methods to drive lots of quality traffic to my site. You don’t need to be a very good writer in order to succeed in article marketing. What you need is Consistency and Discipline.. Some marketers are saying that article marketing don’t work anymore… nothing is further from the truth. The reason why it doesn’t work for them is either they have not done enough or they gave up too early. If you want to see significant results from your article marketing effort, follow the steps below:
a. Go to Ezinearticles and look at the articles in your niche.
b. Take note of the keywords that other writers are using in their Articles Title
c. Develop a list of titles/topics (25 a week)
d. Churn out 25 articles (based on the 25 topics researched) a week… that is 5 articles a week.
e. Submit them to Ezinearticles.com
f. Direct your article traffic to your squeeze page to collect name and email address.
g. Continue to do this for the next 6 months. (100 articles a week, 600 articles in 6 months)
If you follow the steps above religiously, you will end up with a sizable list that you can market to at the backend, as well as consistent traffic to your squeeze page every single day. We are looking at very conservative figures over here. Let’s say that each article of yours gets you 1 opt-in (very conservative) every month. If you churn out 100 articles on the first month religiously, you will end up with 100 opt-ins. Continue to churn out another 100 articles in the second month and you will get another 100 new opt-ins be the end of second month. However, that is not all. The first 100 articles that you did in the first month will still continue to drive you traffic and opt-ins (1 opt-in per article, very possible). This means that, by the end of second month, you should be expecting a list of 300 email addresses. Compounding effect is taking place here.
Now, by end of 6 months (100 articles every month from 1st month to the 6th month), you should be expecting a list of more than 1000 email addresses… and you will be far better than most affiliate marketers out there (some of them can’t even build a list of 100).
Yes, there are other traffic generation methods out there such as PPC, facebook marketing, forum marketing, etc. I would highly recommend you start off with article marketing as it is a free and very effective.
It is a number games when it comes to article marketing. It all depends on whether you are willing to work hard and meet the numbers above.
3. Queue up your auto-responder with at least 2 emails every week.. You can re-use the articles that you have written and send them to your subscribers using your auto-responder. Maintain a strong and active relationship with your list.
4. Gather feedback.. In the third month, send an email to your list and ask them what else you can help them with. If you have been building solid relationship with your list, you should be getting a lot of response here. Gather their feedback and look for affiliate products that can solve their needs.
5. Promote an affiliate products to your list.. Look for appropriate affiliate products based on the feedbacks that you have gathered. Promote the product to your list. At the point of them, you should be able to get some sales to justify the hard work in the first 3 months
6. Outsource your articles.. Once you start to make money online, take a portion of it and reinvest in your business. One thing that you should look at is to outsource your article writing. You can easily find people who is willing to write 1 article for you at $4-$5 online. Don’t outsource your entire article writing as it will cost you a bomb now. I would suggest you outsource 25% of your articles and still do the rest of the articles in-house.
One thing you should note about outsourcing articles is that it requires lots of trial and error before you can find a good writer. Don’t put all eggs into one basket. Try out a few writers to see who’s the best. Tell the writers you only accept ORIGINAL article that has at least 500 words per article and you will be using CopyScape to check for plagiarism. If you find out the articles are not unique, you will not hesitate to launch a complaint against them and terminate all work.
Outsourcing free up your time on repetitive task and allows you to work on other important stuffs such as testing and promotions. Outsourcing is not for the big boys only… you can start small and reap the results from it.
7. Use Google Website Optimizer to improve the conversion rate of your squeeze page.. Install Google Website Optimizer code to your website and check the conversion rate of your squeeze page. You should be aiming for at least 30% conversion rate. (i.e. For every 100 visitors to your squeeze page, 30 of them opts in to your list) Google website optimizer allows you to run test (A/B Testing) on your squeeze page to identify the best squeeze page for high conversion. This is a MUST do if you want to get more with less. Don’t waste your traffic.
Now here you have a simple blueprint for affiliate success.
Affiliate marketing is not dead… and trust me, the future of affiliate marketing looks good.
Affiliate marketing guru like Ewen Chia is still making tons of money from affiliate marketing… and that is mostly due to the fact that he has a HUGE list. He started many years ago and is now reaping the rewards.
When you are going to start? Starting now is never too late.
So start working hard and build your list today. Ignore the rest.
If you need more resources on affiliate marketing, you can visit Ewen Chia’s Affiliate Marketing Inner Circle Club. (note: You should assume that I get some financial or other benefit from your use of the link above.)
If you find this useful, tell your friends about us. Send them to http://www.singaporeaffiliatemarketing.com
Popularity: 34% [?]
Tags: affiliate marketing, affiliate marketing inner circle club, article marketing, ewen chia, ewen chia super affiliates